The building


The Steeger building was build at the turn of the century in the former Oberdenkmalstrasse 82 – 86 in Wuppertal-Barmen. The company Thiel & Wurms used the facility for producing suspenders and belt buckles.
In 1939 Ernst Stöckermann, August Wagener and Wilhelm Steeger bought the building from the Wurms family. They operated an engineering business with 12 employees to build braiding machines.
At May 29th, 1943 the building was severely damaged in an air attack. Due to this the production was relocated to the neighboring Hasslinghausen.
At the beginning of 1950 the production could be resumed in the partly rebuilt factory building.
In 1973 the whole building was taken over by what is now the company Körting Nachfolger Wilhelm Steeger.
After an extensive renovation in 1984 and a partly rebuilding as well as the addition of a two-floor plant in 1991 the building now has approximately 2300m2 usable constructed area. Today 25 employees develop and build high performance braiding machines for all braiding-related demands on this area.
Through a modern machine park all processing orders can be processed within the house. This contributes to the high quality and reliability of our machines.